Policy FAQs

What does the policy cover?

Cover includes paint scuffs, scratches, or chips up to 300mm in diameter and no deeper than 3mm and dents to your car’s bodywork which are less than 40mm in diameter.

You a have a choice of taking cover out for either 12, 24 or 36 months. To compare scratch and dent policies, please click here.

Does the policy cover pre-existing damage?

No, pre-existing damage is not covered. An inspection report will be provided by Revive! free of charge and this will highlight any pre-existing damage that will be excluded from the claim process.

You can still purchase the policy without an inspection report, subject to Revive! carrying out an inspection report within 30 days of purchase, when the cover will then commence.

What is not covered by this Scratch and Dent insurance?

  • Any existing damage that is recorded in the inspection report provided by Revive!
  • Stone chips to paintwork
  • Damage to headlights
  • Damage to stickers, decals, stripes or similar, or damage which has been caused by the application or removal of these items
  • Damage which results in cracked or deformed bumpers
  • Damage which cannot be repaired using SMART repairs, or which, in the opinion of our approved repairer, requires body shop work. This includes cracked or flaking paint, or where the metal bodywork has been exposed.
  • Damage which is caused by rust, corrosion, pitting, paintwork discolouration or variation in paint colour or finish due to the age of the car.
  • Damage caused by cleaning, or the application of wax or paint sealant or protective films or liquids
  • Damage which has occurred as a result of fire, road traffic accident or collision.
  • Damage which is situated on your car’s horizontal panels, including roof, bonnet, boot lids etc.

Am I eligible to purchase scratch and dent insurance?

If you own or personally lease a car that is less than 7 years old and has less than 70,000 miles on the clock, then you are eligible to purchase this insurance.

For exclusions, please check the Policy Document.

How many times can I claim?

The policy covers up to 3 repairs in each year of cover. A year is deemed as 12 months from the inception date or anniversary date of your policy; therefore, a 3-year policy will cover 9 repairs in total spread over 3 in each of the 3 years.

What is the claims process?

Making a claim is easy. To make a claim, within 30 days of the incident, you should complete the online form at www.mbginsurance.co.uk.

Completing the claim form will provide them with all the necessary information that is required in order to quickly process your claim. Please note that failure to provide all information at this point may mean that your claim cannot be processed.

Alternatively, you may contact the claims administrator during office hours: 9am – 5pm, Monday – Friday on 0191 259 6378 or email claims@mbginsurance.com.

Alternatively, please write to: Mechanical Breakdown & General Insurance Services Ltd, Cobalt Business Exchange, Cobalt Park Way, Newcastle, NE28 9NZ. TO make a claim please call 0191 259 9378.

Where will repairs be carried out?

Revive! will come to you and carry out the repair either at your home, place of work or another mutually suitable location.

Is there an excess to pay?

There is a small excess of £25 to pay before your claim can be finalised.

Is there a cooling off period?

If you decide that the policy does not meet your needs, you have 14 days to inform us. On the condition that no claims have been made or are pending during this period, your premium will be refunded in full.

What happens If I cancel my policy?

If you cancel your policy after the 14 day cooling off period you will be entitled to a partial refund of your policy premium (less a £34.99 administration charge), provided that no claims have been made or are pending or there is less than 6 months remaining on the policy.

How can I pay my premium?

Either in one payment via bank debit or credit card, or, by one bank to bank payment via a new and highly secure payment method allowing you to pay for things online without having to enter your long card number and other details. If you decide to make a payment through the bank to bank option, you will be asked to pay using your online bank account. Unlike debit or credit cards, none of your payment details are visible to others giving you greatly enhanced payment security.

Alternatively, without additional cost to you, payments may be made in 4 equal monthly instalments, over the initial stage of the policy, via a company called Payment Assist which is also organised online at the time of purchase. If you would like to know more about Payment Assist, please follow this link to their website: https://www.payment-assist.co.uk

Who is Nice1?

Nice 1 Limited is authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority (ref no 650309) and is the company that arranged this insurance which is underwritten by Novus Underwriting Limited on behalf of Helvetia Schweizerische Versicherungsgesellschaft in Liechtenstein AG.

Who is Revive!?

Revive! Auto Innovations (UK) Limited is one of the largest SMART repair networks in the UK and covers the vast majority of the country; and it is authorised by the claims handler to undertake repairs to your car. It is also an Appointed Representative of Nice1 and the two companies may exchange details about you in order to administer your policy.

Is my Scratch and Dent insurance policy protected?

Helvetia Schweizerische Versicherungsgesellschaft in Liechtenstein AG is covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS).  You may be entitled to compensation from the scheme if Helvetia Schweizerische Versicherungsgesellschaft in Liechtenstein AG cannot meet their obligations. This depends on the type of business and the circumstances of the claim. Most insurance contracts are covered for 90% of the claim with no upper limit. You can get more information about compensation scheme arrangements from the FSCS or visit www.fscs.org.uk.

What is IPT?

Insurance Premium Tax (IPT) is a government-introduced tax on insurance policies including car, home, travel, and pet insurance which every insurance provider has to charge and pass on to the Inland Revenue.

If I sell my car, can I transfer the policy to a new vehicle?

Unfortunately, if you sell your car then the policy is no longer valid; however, you will be entitled to a partial refund of your policy premium (less a £34.99 administration charge) which can be used to help pay for cover for another car, provided that no claims have been made or are pending or there is less than 6 months left on the policy.